Recipe by Chef Preejashini
it is a very simple cake..... beginners can try this recipe because it very easy to make..... i made this simple cake and everyone loved it. the cake just went missing after 2 hours. hope u enjoy this cake recipe. should try it!!!!!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 120 g caster sugar
- 120 g brown sugar
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins (any sour fruits such as pineapple)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded carrots
- 250 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 250 g cream cheese
- 100 g butter
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven at 180c.
- Lightly grease and flour a 9-inch pan.
- Sift flour twice with baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- Beat egg until fluffy in a cake mixer.
- Then, add in oil, castor sugar and brown sugar,.
- Dont beat the mixture for a long time.
- Add in chopped walmuts, raisins and shredded carrots,.
- Then, add in the flour mixture (in fourths) that had been sifted.
- Beat just until smooth-about 1 minute.
- Turn into the prepared tube pan; spread evenly.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until cook at 190c.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes, to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make cream-cheese glaze: In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, lemon juice and icing sugar.
- With portable electric mixer at high speed, beat mixture until smooth.
- Set aside. Gently loosen edge of cake with spatula.
- Turn out of pan onto rack.
- Spread glaze over top of the warm cake.
- There you go, a delicious carrot cake with cream cheese topping is ready.