1/1 Photo of Simple Caramelized Pineapple
Found in All*You Magazine many years ago. I love making this dish for our family - very simple and I can tweak it with different toppings so it always seems just a bit different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole fresh pineapple, cored (about 20 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
Optional toppings or ingredients
- 1Slice pineapple into eight rings and cut each ring into 8 pieces.
- 2Warm butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. When butter begins to foam, add the pineapple and brown sugar (this is when you'd add the bananas if using that option).
- 3Cook, stirring frequently and make sure you are turning the pineapple chunks over while stirring. This should take about 4-5 minutes - just until the pineapple is brown and all the sugar is dissolved.
- 4Remove from heat and place into a shallow serving bowls and let cool 2-3 minutes.
- 5Place a scoop of ice cream/frozen yogurt on each serving and top with other toppings if desired. Or you can serve with just a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Caramelized Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.4
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 59.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g