Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is too simple for words. In my family, we never served it with vinegar. Make your own mozzarella for a real treat - it's easy! Fantabulously Easy Under an Hour Fresh Mozzarella
- 4 tomatoes, Jersey beefsteaks (or as close as possible)
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thickly (Fantabulously Easy Under an Hour Fresh Mozzarella)
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (about)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (optional)
- Slice the tomatoes thickly and arrange in a concentric circle on a plate.
- Tuck in a slice of mozzarella and a basil leaf on each tomato slice or chiffonade the leaves and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the oilve oil over the top and pass the salt and pepper.
Excellent recipe! I followed everything to a T but didnt have sea salt so I just used regular salt. Also, when layering the tomato, then basil, I added a dollop of pesto sauce and then the boconccini as I have seen done in many restaurants. Turned out beautifully, thanks so much!!
Very good. Made for the October photo challenge.