Recipe by D. Rose
My Grandmother has been using this for years! For those of you who love to bake a quick 2 layer cake, this filling is a must & goes great with fruit too! **NOTE** I recently used this filling for my son's 4th Birthday Cake (Pictured the Krabby Patty Cake in the photos) I used Jello's Brand Banana Cream Pudding and instead of adding 1 tsp of the Vanilla extr. I used 1 tsp of Coconut Extract. I put sliced Strawberries on top of that and it truly was a great tropical type of flavor! I also did the bottom tier with reg. Choco. Pudding and then sliced bananas on that. You can truly use so many types of Flavors. I did like the Banana w.Coconut flavor though! Yum!
Top Review by Jane from Ohio
I will always use this as a cake filling from on. I just used it plain without any fruit. I put it beween carrot cake layers. It is yummy. Can't wait to put strwberries with it or try different puddings. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream (1/2 pt is equal to 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together until thick. Place in refrigerator until it sets. Spread filling on cake & layer. *Note, cake MUST be completely cooled*.
- You can also put sliced peaches or bananas on top of filling before sealing with the cake. This filling makes cakes so tasty! Be sure to use imagination with pudding & cake flavors and enjoy! Just Remember, this filling is milk and heavy cream based so you must keep cool and/or refrigerated.