1/1 Photo of Simple Cabbage Strudel
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A traditional Eastern European dish, strudel is mostly served as a dessert. In this recipe phyllo dough will be combined with cabbage for a savory treat. Recipe found on Recipe4Living's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl toss together the salt and cabbage.
- 2Set aside for 15 minutes and than drain off any excess liquid.
- 3In a large skillet heat oil.
- 4Add the drained cabbage and green onions cooking over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- 5Season with pepper.
- 6Lay out one pyhllo sheet and brush with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 7Repeat this 3 more times stacking each sheet on top of the other for a stack of 4 sheets.
- 8Spoon 1/2 of the cabbage mixture down the long side of the stacked sheets keeping it about 4 inches from the edges.
- 9Fold in sides, roll up, and place seam side down on a buttered pan.
- 10Brush the roll with melted butter and repeat this procedure for the second strudel.
- 11Bake in a 350F oven for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Let strudel rest 10 minutes than cut and serve.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Cabbage Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (1318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 983.2
- Calories from Fat 595
- Total Fat 66.1 g
- Saturated Fat 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 3381.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g