Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A simple fall soup with only 3 WW points.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (or 1 cup frozen chopped onions)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (coleslaw mix)
- 15 ounces red beans or 15 ounces pinto beans
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces low-fat kielbasa or 8 ounces other Polish sausage, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces low sodium chicken broth or 14 1⁄2 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until slightly transparent.
- Add garlic, cabbage, beans, tomatoes, smoked sausage, broth, water, and pepper.
- Heat on medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Delicious! So simple and easy to make also. I made it exactly as written and ate it everyday for lunch for one whole week. It tasted just as great heated up as it did the first day. This recipe is one of my favorites. Thanks!
This was SO good!!! I used turkey kielbasa, a can of pinto beans, 4 cups of water and tons of red pepper flakes, black pepper, a chicken bouillion cube and about 2 Tbl. of worc. sauce. We had jewish rye bread for dipping. This was such a good dinner, I am sure it will be even better tomorrow for lunch! Thank you for such a easy and delicious soup.