Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is from That's Life. Preparation and cooking time an estimate. The recipe says 8 mushrooms sliced (I think about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of sliced mushrooms would do - again a guestimate)?
- Chop bacon, slice mushrooms and shred cabbage.
- Slice spring onion (scallion) if using. Set aside.
- Heat butter on medium heat in a large fry pan (skillet).
- Add bacon and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and cook for a further 4 or 5 minutes until wilted.
- Stir in spring onion, if using, and season with black pepper.
this is a great side . i used coleslaw mix and it was so fast loved it
Great dish ! I made the recipe as directed using shitake mushrooms. I will be making this again and again.
Comfort food at its best! Love cabbage and mushrooms and together they were a match made in heaven. I didn't use the spring onions; but otherwise followed the recipe as written. Will definitely make this dish again!! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, February, 2012.