Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Good light dessert. The substitutes make it healthy, so don't feel guilt.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Equal sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup flour, unbleached
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter substitute, melted (Smart Balance is the best)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 frozen 9 inch deep dish pie shell, thawed
- Flop everything together in a bowl and beat with a fork until smooth.
- Pour into pie shell and put in pre-heated 350 oven.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until shell is browned on edges and filling is solid.
- Chill and serve with fat-free whipped topping, or sliced fresh fruit on top.
- If you're really venturous try slathering some of your favorite jelly on top.