Recipe by DebS #2
I found this recipe online - I'm posting this so that I can find it again:) This is the best tasting icing I've had. Very easy to pipe. Add extra confectioners sugar or cream as needed to get to the desired texture for your decorating needs. I have been playing around with the ingredients - I added 1/4 cup raspberry jelly to the icing - I'm going to try peanut butter another time. Adjust ingredients until you get the consistency you're looking for. Have fun with this recipe!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (two sticks)
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream or 1⁄4 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed until it is very light in texture - about 2 minutes.
- Add the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and salt and mix on a low speed until the sugar and butter are blended, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Increase the speed to medium and add the cream in a thin stream.
- Increase the speed to high and whip the buttercream about 5 minutes until very smooth, light and a good spreading consistency. Adjust with cream or confectioners sugar as needed.