Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is simple to make and so good with meats, fish, and vegetables! Adapted from Cooking With Caprial cookbook.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar (or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- Combiine the wine, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and shallots in a medium saucepan. Boil over high heat, reducing the liquid until about 1/4 cup remains. Slowly whisk in the butter, making sure you keep the temperature even, not too hot or too cold. When all the butter has been added and you have a creamy smooth sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. Do not try to hold the sauce longer than 1 hour. Enjoy!
This sauce was very good, but a little too sharp for our tastes. I would cut back just a bit on the vinegar and lemon juice, next time. Very important to follow Sharon's instructions carefully when adding the butter (make sure the butter is cold!), otherwise the butter will just melt and the sauce will not have the required viscosity.