1/2 Photos of Simple Butter Cookies
So simple to make and so yummy. The dough will quite happily sit in the fridge for a week, so you can bake off as much as you want when you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put butter and sugar together in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add flour and using your hands, gradually work it until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Roll into a sausage shape about 30cm long. Pat the sides to form either a square or a triangular log.
- 2Sprinkle a thick layer of demerara sugar on a piece of baking parchment. Press each side of the dough into the sugar to coat it.
- 3Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes until firm.
- 4When ready to bake, preheat oven to Gas 3. Remove dough from cling film and cut into thick slices. Place slightly apart on a non-stick baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, until they are just starting to brown.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.4
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g