Recipe by Noo
So simple to make and so yummy. The dough will quite happily sit in the fridge for a week, so you can bake off as much as you want when you want.
- 6 ounces unsalted butter (diced at room temp)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces caster sugar
- 9 ounces plain flour
- demerara sugar, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter and sugar together in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add flour and using your hands, gradually work it until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Roll into a sausage shape about 30cm long. Pat the sides to form either a square or a triangular log.
- Sprinkle a thick layer of demerara sugar on a piece of baking parchment. Press each side of the dough into the sugar to coat it.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes until firm.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to Gas 3. Remove dough from cling film and cut into thick slices. Place slightly apart on a non-stick baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, until they are just starting to brown.