Recipe by Aleigha Nicole
This was the dish i first tried saffron in, so amazilngly good! and the best risotto i have ever had! You must try this
- 1 liter chicken stock or 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g arborio rice
- pecorino cheese or parmesan cheese, Grated, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour stock into a medium pan and place over a low, constant heat. Put saffron threads in a small bowl, add hot water and set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large pan until butter is foaming. Add onion and stir with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add rice and stir for 1minute, then stir in saffron and liquid.
- Add 1/3 cup hot stock, stir for 1-2 minutes, until rice has absorbed most of the stock continue adding 1/3 cup at a time, stirring frequently until rice is tender and creamy.
- Serve imediatly with cheese.