Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A co-worker and I were trying to make burritos but when the tortillas were sticking together and were ripping apart we threw it into a cake pan.
- 8 -10 tortillas
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 -2 lb hamburger (depends on how much meat you want in your casserole)
- 16 ounces picante sauce
- 2 -3 lbs taco cheese (your choice on type of cheese and quantity, depends on how much you LOVE cheese!)
- sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown hamburger till all pink is gone.
- Drain off as much grease as possible.
- On medium Low heat stir in refried beans, 3/4 jar of picante sauce and burrito seasoning.
- Heat till it is all warm and then shut off heat.
- In a greased rectangle cake pan layer the bottom with whole tortillas, tear some of them up to fill in the spaces.
- Spread 1/2 of the remaining picante sace on top of tortillas then sprinkle with the amount of cheese you desire.
- Spread on your bean and meat mixture on top of cheese.
- One more time the tortillas, (Skip the picante sauce), cheese, bean and meat mixture.
- Put last layer of tortillas on spread the last 1/2 of picante sauce on and put cheese on the top (I usually use a 1 pound bag just for the topping).
- Bake at 350 degrees till the cheese is melted. You may store and cook later or cook right away. If you store it, it will take longer to cook.
- If serving immediatly top with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and chopped lettuce.
My DH who is the burrito lover in the family said this was really good. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
Now this is a MEXICAN CASSEROLE! It is thee best Mexican dish I have ever had! I drained a can of rotel right before the last layer of cheese, This truley cannot be beat! Thanks a bunch~~~~~
So delicious, and so perfect for the nights when you just feel like throwing everything in a pan. :)