Creation in Hope's Note:
A co-worker and I were trying to make burritos but when the tortillas were sticking together and were ripping apart we threw it into a cake pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brown hamburger till all pink is gone.
- 3Drain off as much grease as possible.
- 4On medium Low heat stir in refried beans, 3/4 jar of picante sauce and burrito seasoning.
- 5Heat till it is all warm and then shut off heat.
- 6In a greased rectangle cake pan layer the bottom with whole tortillas, tear some of them up to fill in the spaces.
- 7Spread 1/2 of the remaining picante sace on top of tortillas then sprinkle with the amount of cheese you desire.
- 8Spread on your bean and meat mixture on top of cheese.
- 9One more time the tortillas, (Skip the picante sauce), cheese, bean and meat mixture.
- 10Put last layer of tortillas on spread the last 1/2 of picante sauce on and put cheese on the top (I usually use a 1 pound bag just for the topping).
- 11Bake at 350 degrees till the cheese is melted. You may store and cook later or cook right away. If you store it, it will take longer to cook.
- 12If serving immediatly top with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and chopped lettuce.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Burrito Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 803.7
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 2869.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 42.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: