Recipe by Susiecat too
Simple mild flavors, delicious side to any meat main dish. Also delicious served cold, tossed with chopped fresh garden veggies and a sprinkling of feta cheese as a veggie meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup bulgur, coarse cut
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and saute onions until soft.
- Turn heat up to high and add mushrooms, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are cooked and nicely browned.
- Add bulgur, stir and cook briefly, 1-2 minutes.
- Add water, mix once, then cover and cook over low heat until all water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Fluff briefly before serving.