Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple mild flavors, delicious side to any meat main dish. Also delicious served cold, tossed with chopped fresh garden veggies and a sprinkling of feta cheese as a veggie meal.
- Heat olive oil and saute onions until soft.
- Turn heat up to high and add mushrooms, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are cooked and nicely browned.
- Add bulgur, stir and cook briefly, 1-2 minutes.
- Add water, mix once, then cover and cook over low heat until all water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Fluff briefly before serving.
I found this to be fairly bland. We added chopped tomatoes, parsley and basil. I would recommend using chicken broth in place of the water. I also think it needs some salt.
Very easy recipe and a good base to develop. Susie is right - simple, mild flavours. I can imagine using stock instead of water or adding fresh herbs. Thanks. Made for Aussie Swap #22.
It was quick,simple and a bit wanting of more flavor which Eggplant (Aubergine) With Raw Garlic provided when served together. It jived well with the latter. Like Chef flower, next time I'd use chicken stock instead of water. Thanks.