Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I quickie recipe I can have on the table in about 30 minutes. I have to triple this for my brood. Not spicy but flavorful. Add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes as you please. Pass around the hot sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄4 lb smoked turkey sausage, coined
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 lb cooked shrimp, rinsed
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat olive oil in medium pan over medium heat.
- Add cut up chicken and stir around about 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, stewed tomatoes with juice, rice and water.
- Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with lid.
- Simmer 15 minutes until rice is tender.
Good recipe...Not the best jambalaya I've had, but definitely the healthiest AND THE QUICKEST! Thanks for sharing!!!
Wonderful. Don't usually find recipes so easy and so good.
I love it! It's really easy to cook and tastes absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing!