Recipe by princess buttercup
I quickie recipe I can have on the table in about 30 minutes. I have to triple this for my brood. Not spicy but flavorful. Add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes as you please. Pass around the hot sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄4 lb smoked turkey sausage, coined
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 lb cooked shrimp, rinsed
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in medium pan over medium heat.
- Add cut up chicken and stir around about 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, stewed tomatoes with juice, rice and water.
- Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with lid.
- Simmer 15 minutes until rice is tender.