Recipe by Kevin Stanfield
so... I got tired of paying restaurant prices for broccoli cheese soup. I decided I had to come up with a simple and cheap recipe to cure my "fix" for this great tasting soup. This is very simple and absolutely delicious and makes two servings. Enjoy!
Top Review by LainieBug
A nice comforting soup for a stormy summer day. The only change I made was to use broccoli cheese soup as I did not have cheddar cheese soup. Since carrots vary so much in size, I was not sure how much to add without the flavor overwhelming the broccoli so I used a small carrot. Served with a crusty bread for dipping. Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1⁄4 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned and chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 0.5 (5 ounce) can milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter in small boiler, add onions and cook until tender.
- while they are cooking, steam broccoli and carrots in steam bag in microwave for about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Move carrots and broccoli into boiler with onions and saute for a minute or two, adding kosher salt and fresh pepper at this point.
- Add campbell's cheddar cheese soup and 1/2 can of milk and stir until smooth over low heat.
- add cheese to soup when ready to serve.
- for a little kick, add 1/4 teaspoon of cajun seasoning while cooking over low heat.