Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
I do not remember where I got this recipe but it did not call for the green onion, and I thought it was too bland so I added that. I have cooked this recipe on TV, a station that covers Southeast, KY and Southwest, VA. I was scared to death but it was fun. All except I had to get up at 3 AM to be at the studio at 7 AM.
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
Very easy to prepare! I put the casserole together last night and popped it in the fridge overnight. I did leave out the sausage as my children prefer to have it separately. While the casserole baked, I fried the sausage and made biscuits. Breakfast was a breeze! The flavor was very good and I like your addition of the green onions. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb sausage or 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped, with tops
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray with cooking spray and then line an 8x8 baking dish with frozen hash browns.
- Sprinkle hash browns with crumbled sausage or bacon and green onions.
- Mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
- Pour over meat and hash browns.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Let set in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.