Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Last minute meal I make when I don't have time for anything it seems!
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked (as much as you please)
- 1 cup blanched broccoli or 1 cup green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- minced garlic
- Italian breadcrumbs (enough to coat veggies)
- Prepare pasta, set aside.
- Heat oil on a large skillet on med.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for about a minute.
- Add chosen vegetables.
- Once veggies are heated and coated with oil and garlic take pan of the heat and add bread crumbs.
- Stir to coat veggies.
- Pour this mixture over prepared pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you want to (I always do).
I made this as a side dish to go with grilled burgers on a night we were having company. I sent the recipe home with 3 people. It was devoured and loved by everyone, even the kids. I used 4 good sized cloves of garlic to my pound of pasta. I topped it with some freshly grated reggiano cheese. I will be adding this to my regular menu items, thanks Anme, for this easy and yummy dish! Reviewed for PAC spring 08
We liked the way the broccoli turned out, but didn't like the fact that the pasta was dry and plain, since the broccoli and breadcrumbs soaked up all of the yummy garlic oil. I drizzled on some extra olive oil, and then melted in some butter, but it was still pretty plain. If I make this again, I'd make considerably more garlic oil, and mix some of it directly into the pasta before mixing in the veggies and breadcrumbs. You didn't say how much garlic you use -- I used 3 cloves for a double recipe. My 13yo thought it needed more, but the younger kids liked it that way. (Also, as a note, medium on my stove is too hot for cooking minced garlic.)
This was awesome.... It made a wonderful side dish to Recipe#233569.... The combination of the flavors was great.... We used broccoli and I was imagining the possiblities of this dish.... You could add grilled chicken, shrimp, different veggies or whatever you like.... I'll be fixing this often.....