Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I find that in many cases, people over complicate their recipes and steer away from the basic goal of solid, delicious taste. I find this recipe really hits home with a wonder crisp and taste. I cooked this recipe on thechefimpersonator.com and the viewers loved it!
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks (take the skin off)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees with a rack in the middle of your oven.
- In an oven dish (I use a glass pie plate for sticking purposes) place the oil and allow it to coat the entire bottom.
- If you have not already done so, remove the skin from the drumsticks. If you find it difficult to pull the skin off the chicken, use a paper-towel to grip the skin to pull it off.
- On one plate, crack both eggs and whisk them into one uniformed egg wash.
- On a second plate, place the two cups of breadcrumbs; spread them out evenly.
- Begin by rolling one piece of chicken in the egg mixture. Make sure the chicken is covered completely and evenly.
- Take the chicken and roll it in the breadcrumbs. With drumsticks, I find it beneficial to dip the top of the drumstick chicken into the mixture as well as drizzle breadcrumbs in the area of the chicken near the bone since those two areas often do not touch the breadcrumb plate.
- Place chicken into dish, meaty side down.
- Repeat coating process for all the chicken.
- Place dish in oven and allow to cook for about 45 minutes. Rotate each piece of chicken at this point to allow it crisp throughout.
- About 50 minutes to an hour in, the chicken will appear to fall off the bone. The chicken should be done at this point but make sure to check it with a meat thermometer to confirm. In the meaty section of the chicken (should be up at this point) the temperature should reach at least 165 degrees F.
- Chicken's done!
This reciep was simple but really good! I left it in the oven for about 50 minutes, then covered with foil while my potatoes finished up and some of the areas of the drumstick with less meat was a bit dried out, but great crispy flavour and even fairly healthy. I'll try it again with a meatier piece of chicken, like bone-in breast or thigh.