1/3 Photos of Simple Breaded Chicken Drumsticks
1 hr 5 mins
I find that in many cases, people over complicate their recipes and steer away from the basic goal of solid, delicious taste. I find this recipe really hits home with a wonder crisp and taste. I cooked this recipe on thechefimpersonator.com and the viewers loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 425 degrees with a rack in the middle of your oven.
- 2In an oven dish (I use a glass pie plate for sticking purposes) place the oil and allow it to coat the entire bottom.
- 3If you have not already done so, remove the skin from the drumsticks. If you find it difficult to pull the skin off the chicken, use a paper-towel to grip the skin to pull it off.
- 4On one plate, crack both eggs and whisk them into one uniformed egg wash.
- 5On a second plate, place the two cups of breadcrumbs; spread them out evenly.
- 6Begin by rolling one piece of chicken in the egg mixture. Make sure the chicken is covered completely and evenly.
- 7Take the chicken and roll it in the breadcrumbs. With drumsticks, I find it beneficial to dip the top of the drumstick chicken into the mixture as well as drizzle breadcrumbs in the area of the chicken near the bone since those two areas often do not touch the breadcrumb plate.
- 8Place chicken into dish, meaty side down.
- 9Repeat coating process for all the chicken.
- 10Place dish in oven and allow to cook for about 45 minutes. Rotate each piece of chicken at this point to allow it crisp throughout.
- 11About 50 minutes to an hour in, the chicken will appear to fall off the bone. The chicken should be done at this point but make sure to check it with a meat thermometer to confirm. In the meaty section of the chicken (should be up at this point) the temperature should reach at least 165 degrees F.
- 12Chicken's done!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Breaded Chicken Drumsticks
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.0
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 277.4 mg
- Sodium 474.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 48.9 g