Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
This simple and tasty soup is filling and so quick to make. My friend's Italian grandmother used to make this for anyone with a bit of tummy trouble. Whether it was the flu or a bit too much to drink the night before, this soup always settled the stomach, and it was always a hit with both young and old. I have it for lunch all of the time when I only have a few minutes to spare. Great on a chilly day.
- Bring chicken broth to a slow boil in a sauce pan.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and add the parmesean cheese.
- the mixture should still be runny, yet thickened.
- Add breadcrumbs and mix.
- the mixture should form a soft ball, but it should still be moist.
- Drop the mixture into the boiling broth, break up the ball with a fork and leave to boil for another 3-4 minutes.
- The breadcrumbs should begin floating to the top and binding together.
- Serve hot.