This simple and tasty soup is filling and so quick to make. My friend's Italian grandmother used to make this for anyone with a bit of tummy trouble. Whether it was the flu or a bit too much to drink the night before, this soup always settled the stomach, and it was always a hit with both young and old. I have it for lunch all of the time when I only have a few minutes to spare. Great on a chilly day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring chicken broth to a slow boil in a sauce pan.
- 2In a small bowl, beat egg and add the parmesean cheese.
- 3the mixture should still be runny, yet thickened.
- 4Add breadcrumbs and mix.
- 5the mixture should form a soft ball, but it should still be moist.
- 6Drop the mixture into the boiling broth, break up the ball with a fork and leave to boil for another 3-4 minutes.
- 7The breadcrumbs should begin floating to the top and binding together.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Breadcrumb Soup
Serving Size: 1 (653 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 194.8 mg
- Sodium 2038.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 22.1 g