Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of the first recipes I made as a young bride. 20 years later I still serve this from time to time. It is simple and quick to prepare - which is a plus on busy nights. We enjoy it with white or fried rice and a steamed vegetable. (ZWT3 - USA West asian cooks have influenced the cuisine).
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a skillet, brown chicken and garlic lightly in the oil.
- Add mushrooms, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add sherry, cook uncovered until liquid is almost entirely absorbed.
- Add soy sauce, cover and cook gently 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
I can't believe this hasn't been reviewed yet! This is totally delicious.....a definite keeper and a satisfying meal. The extra bonus is how easy it is to make. It did take a bit longer to make than posted....I also used boneless, skinless thighs, and added some black pepper. Everything else I left exactly as the recipe was posted. Thanks so much...I'll definitely make this again!!!
Truly great and tasty recipe! I only added more garlic, because you can never have enough in our house!!