Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this recipe. It is a simple go to meal when I need something fast and easy. The sauce tastes as if its been on the stove for hours. Its just a great meal.
- 1 lb ground beef, drain off fat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing (sounds weird, but it really makes the dish)
- salt & pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) box spaghetti, cook to box instructions
- In large skillet pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onion. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef, basil, salt, pepper, oregano, and parsley. Cook meat until brown. Drain off any additional fat from pan.
- Add Italian salad dressing, tomatoes and tomato sauce to skillet pan. Cook for 4-5minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Add cooked pasta to sauce for 1-2 minute, then serve.
- Add cheese if you desire.
Made this tonight and thought it was really good. The italian dressing was a strange ingredient, but I went with it and it really did add a nice flavor to the sauce. I was thinking of using this sauce to make a lasagna. Thanks for sharing your recipe.