1/3 Photos of Simple Boil and Bake Crispy Chicken Wings
This is more of a method than a recipe, but this is how I always make wings now. I find boiling them first helps get rid of more of the fat, and they get crispier in the oven.
My Private Note
- 1Boil wings in a large pot of water for about 15 minutes.
- 2Broil wings in oven for about 5-10 minutes per side depending on how your oven works) until nicely browned and crisp.
- 3I put the bbq sauce in the bottom of a big metal bowl and keep it on the stove near the oven vent so that is warms up a bit.
- 4Remove the wings from the oven and pat with paper towels to remove more grease if necessary (I bake mine on parchment paper, so that absorbs some of the grease for me).
- 5Toss wings in bowl with bbq sauce (or any sauce you want) until well covered.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Boil and Bake Crispy Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.6
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 695.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 41.6 g