Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
from www.care2.com. You don't have to use the exact ratio of water-to-milk listed here, just do it to taste. If you'd like to make a larger quanity, use 1/4 cup chamomile per cup of tea you are making.
- 1⁄4 cup dried chamomile
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk or 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- sugar or honey or maple syrup or other artificial sweetener, to taste
- Pour boiling water over the chamomile flowers.
- Let steep for 15-20 minutes, until strong.
- At this point it may be a little cold (especially since you are going to be adding cold milk in a second), so I would reheat it in a saucepan or for a few seconds in the microwave.
- I find that reheating once the milk has been added gives teas/coffee a funny taste, so I usually make sure to reheat before I add the milk, but its really up to you.
- Strain and add milk and sweetener to taste and serve hot.
Fantastic and SO relaxing! I used soy milk and honey for a real treat. Thanks, Roosie, I'll make this often!
I used honey as the sweetner. A touch of organic milk. And I enjoyed this comforting relaxing tea!Just to inhale this is Lovely. I did add more water to my tea pot so I got a second cup from the chamomile. Thanks Roosie!