Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Do not be discouraged by the name of the salsa. I promise it gets rave reviews when added to any potluck or dinner party! I serve these with Fritos scoops but any chip will work.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, and
- green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1⁄2 small onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (I use hot)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover and chill 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Let the dip sit at room temperature 30 minutes before enjoying!