1/2 Photos of Simple Black Bean Burgers
These burgers are not only easy to make but they taste amazing! They're also great by themselves topped with sour cream and pico de gallo or cheese. The key to getting these to stay together well is the bread crumbs. Eye ball the bread crumbs you may need to add extra until the consistency is holding together pretty firmly.
My Private Note
4-8 pat ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed, & Dried
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into small pieces (or just grate it)
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste (I use the Indian Brand Mother's recipe look for a sort of stringy paste or grate your own)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2-2 cups plain breadcrumbs (cups-eyeball it)
- 1If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- 2Place a paper towel in bowl and put rinsed beans inside (this is important dry beans help this stick together).
- 3In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- 4In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans. (I use my grater when this is not an option).
- 5In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, black pepper, and cumin.
- 6Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into 4-8 patties depending your size preference for me 1/2 a can of beans makes 4 small sized patties. I prefer the baked version.
- 7If baking, place patties on lightly prepped baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
- 8If frying lightly coat pan with oil and fry on medium low heat until browned and crispy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Black Bean Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.8
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 393.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 15.2 g