Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I was a little girl, I used to go pick wild blackberries with my Daddy. I'd get eaten alive with chiggers, but thinking about this yummy dessert made it all worth it. After we got a big container full, we'd drop some off with my Grandmother for a cobbler, but Daddy would keep at least 2 cups out for the 2 of us. This was our little treat!!! Today when I eat it, I still think of that time with my Daddy. Guess Daddy's girls never really grow up!
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, washed (I have used strawberries, too)
- 1 pint half-and-half, fat free (we didn't have fat free back then, but I don't notice the difference in taste)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- biscotti (optional)
- Put 1 cup of fresh blackberries into the serving dish.
- NOTE: You can add 1/2 teaspoons sugar to the berries then stir: let them sit and they make their own fruit syrup.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of the half and half over the berries.
- I have served this to people in a pretty glass, with a biscotti on the side. Daddy and I just sat on the porch with the berries and cream!