Simple and hearty, just for 2. Serve with cabbage or asparagus and mashed potatoes on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season beef cubes to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Melt butter in a heavy medium skillet over high heat; add beef and saute until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- 3Using slotted spoon, remove beef to a bowl.
- 4Lower heat to medium-low and add carrots and onions, toss to coat with pan juices.
- 5Add flour while stirring and continue to stir 1 minute to lightly toast the flour.
- 6Stir in broth and ale slowly, then return the beef (and any juices in the bowl) to the pan.
- 7Cover and let simmer until beef and carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or so.
- 8Season again with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Beef Stew for Two
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 343.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pearl onions