Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple and hearty, just for 2. Serve with cabbage or asparagus and mashed potatoes on the side.
Make and share this Simple Beef Stew for Two recipe from Food.com.
- Season beef cubes to taste with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a heavy medium skillet over high heat; add beef and saute until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, remove beef to a bowl.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add carrots and onions, toss to coat with pan juices.
- Add flour while stirring and continue to stir 1 minute to lightly toast the flour.
- Stir in broth and ale slowly, then return the beef (and any juices in the bowl) to the pan.
- Cover and let simmer until beef and carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or so.
- Season again with salt and pepper to taste and serve.