Recipe by winter5
This is a great stew that can be make the night before. Just pull it out of the fridge and turn it on low before work. When you get home, dinner is served.
Top Review by Gidg
I tried this recipe yesterday and in my opinion it was tasteless and flat. (The opinion of my 17 yr old son too and he likes EVERYTHING.) Even the color is pale. I cooked it on low at least 12 hours and the potatoes were still firm. The meat was wonderfully cooked and tender, but tasteless. I feel like I wasted 3 pounds of stew meat unless I can figure out a way to give it more flavor.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs beef, chopped (stew beef works fine)
- 16 -18 baby carrots, cut in half
- 5 -6 potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion
- 1 lb frozen peas and corn
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 12 ounces water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic salt, celery salt, onion powder, parsley and flour in a large bowl. Cover the chopped beef with the mixture.
- In a frypan, brown the beef using olive oil, then transfer into the crockpot.
- Layer potatoes, carrots, onion, peas, celery, and corn in the crockpot.
- Pour beef gravy and water over the stew mixture.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste.