Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This recipe is very rich in flavor! I have tried new recipes but this is always preferred. My mom got this from an issue of Real Simple magazine about 8 years ago
- 4 lbs boneless round steak, 2-inch cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 lb potato, 2-inch cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 1 lb whole button fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Coat beef with flour. Heat oil in cast iron skillet and add beef a few pieces at at time to brown.
- Transfer cubes to cooker with slotted spoon.
- Add onions to skillet. Coat onions with tomato paste. Transfer to slow cooker. Pour wine in skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Add to Cooker.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, & seasonings.
- Cover and cook for 7 1/2 hours.
- Add frozen peas in the last half hour of cooking.
This is a yummy recipe and we enjoyed it very much. It was easy to put together. The flavor is great! I made as posted and will be making again! Thanks for posting!