Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my simplified version of beef stew.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs super lean beef
- 3 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups beef stock
- 6 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes in puree
- bay leaf
- Chop veggies. Cube meat if not already done.
- Heat oil and butter.
- Coat meat in flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown meat in oil/butter.
- Add onions and garlic and keep cooking until translucent and meat is well browned on all sides.
- Add vinegar and stir it around.
- Add stock, bay leaf and veggies.
- Bring to boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 1 hour.