Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Taste of Home Cookbook Dinner on a dime.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 20 flour tortillas, warmed (8 inches)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- additional shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine enchilada sauce and soups; pour 1 cup into each of two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Stir 1-1/2 cups of sauce into beef mixture; set remaining sauce aside.
- Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tightly; place 10 enchiladas seam side down in each prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining pan at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with additional cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- * To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 pans (10 enchiladas each).