I love curries, and the beef (instead of chicken/pork/lamb) is a nice change. Adjust the curry to your taste, I like mine pretty strong! You could use ground sirloin, too, and serve it over mashed potatoes...sounds weird but both of the end results are fabulous!
- Heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onion for about 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the garlic, curry, paprika, chili powder and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and stir.
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a medium simmer. Cover, and cook for about five minutes.
- Add enough water to cover the beef and cover once again.
- Cook for 1-2 hours (adding water as needed), or until meat is tender and the sauce is thick.
- Serve over rice and garnish with the parsley or the cilantro.