Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love curries, and the beef (instead of chicken/pork/lamb) is a nice change. Adjust the curry to your taste, I like mine pretty strong! You could use ground sirloin, too, and serve it over mashed potatoes...sounds weird but both of the end results are fabulous!
- Heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onion for about 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the garlic, curry, paprika, chili powder and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and stir.
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a medium simmer. Cover, and cook for about five minutes.
- Add enough water to cover the beef and cover once again.
- Cook for 1-2 hours (adding water as needed), or until meat is tender and the sauce is thick.
- Serve over rice and garnish with the parsley or the cilantro.
So this was my 1st time making a curry, spent all afternoon making it and well it was far to spicy for me and my husband (who likes spicey food), only used 2 1/2 cups of water and was still really runny. Would try again as could tell it had good potential, would just reduce chilli powder to pinch chilli power and only 2 cups water.