This is the way my family has always made it. No fancy ingredients, and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups round steaks, sliced thin
- 1 stalk broccoli
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium zip-top bag. Add sliced meat, and mix well (I just close the bag and squish it around until all the meat is coated). Place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
- 2Meanwhile, slice broccoli diagonally into small pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet. Stir fry broccoli in oil. Sprinkle lightly with sugar while cooking. Broccoli will be done in about 1-2 minutes (it is done when it turns bright green). Remove broccoli from heat.
- 3Stir fry meat in same pan until cooked through.
- 4Combine all gravy ingredients, and add to meat. Cook until slightly thickened.
- 5Add broccoli and heat through.
- 6Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Beef Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 516.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g