Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent BBQ sauce--enhances all meats.
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (apple cider vinegar is nice)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of your favourite dry steak spice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper or 1 dash chili pepper flakes
- In medium heavy saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency.
- To store, place in airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
I didn't have any BBQ sauce on hand and needed it.. so I made this and it turned out great! Thanks!
This was very good and oh so easy! Thanks to this recipe, my first attempt at making bbq sauce was a great success. We had it on chicken and even the kids liked it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
We have made this sauce several times and love it. Last night we cooked in some left over turkey for BBQ Turkey sandwhiches - Fantastic!