Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My youngest son prefers his BBQ chicken made like this.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 0.5 (9 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 0.5 (5 ounce) can Pepsi (Regular or Diet)
- Simmer chicken in water, so it cooks without sticking to pan. Not too much water, or you will boil the chicken instead of sauteeing it.
- Once chicken is half cooked, place on simmer and heavily brush with BBQ sauce.
- Add a little bit of soda, so the chicken does not stick to pan.
- Once soda is cooked away, turn the chicken and repeat with the other side. (Usually 5 to 8 minutes per side).
- Do this several times until you have a good coating of BBQ sauce on the chicken and there is a bit of sauce left in the pan.
- If chicken is frozen or has bone in it,it takes longer to cook.
- Be sure chicken is cooked through by using meat thermometer.
- Sauce may burn, so be sure to cook this over low heat.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Everyone enjoyed it but I didn't think the pepsi made any difference in the taste of the barbecue sauce. Made for Fall PAC 2008.