1/1 Photo of Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
An easy and delicious vinaigrette inspired by Emeril Lagasse. I switched it up to make it to our liking. I sometimes add OR eliminate the brown sugar and/or Dijon (depending on what I am using it for at that time). Taste the vinaigrette BEFORE adding any optional ingredients. Some people may choose not to use either, which is just fine. It all depends on your taste. Feel free to switch it up a bit and leave a note saying what you've changed. I hope you enjoy this versatile recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar with salt, pepper, garlic, Dijon and/or sugar (if using) until all is dissolved. Taste BEFORE using either one or both of the optional ingredients.
- 2Very slowly start to drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to vigorously whisk.
- 3Use immediately on your favourite salad of mixed greens and enjoy.
- 4*Note: Store unused vinaigrette in a screw top jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. (I usually make a double batch to always have some handy, so when I'm in the mood for a salad, I don't have to bother making the dressing). Shake well before each use.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.8
- Calories from Fat 651
- Total Fat 72.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1649.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g