Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another great recipe from Emeril Lagasse
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Beat the vinegar in a bowl with the optional sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until sugar and salt dissolves. Then beat in the oil by droplets, whisking constantly or place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- If not using dressing right away, cover and refrigerate, whisking or shaking again before use.
- Can be used as a dressing and a marinade.
- *If using a good quality balsamic vinegar you should not need the sugar, but if using a lesser quality you might want the sugar to round out the dressing.
I am so glad I tried this dressing. I love how simple and delicious it is. Thanks!
I love this dressing on spinach or greens. Its a nice change from the cream based dressings.
Thannks QueenJellyBean for a very simple and tasty dressing which goes well with most salads. I do cut back on the sugar - as written it is too sweet for us, but perhaps that is because of the brand of balsamic. As you say the better the brand the less sugar necessary. Anyway, this is now our basic dressing. Thanks again.