Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light and flavorful, this vinaigrette in another favorite of ours. We visited the CIA in Greystone a few years back and they used it to dress greens and served them in a parmesan bowl like the one in Parmesan Basket. What a wonderful combination!
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and seasonings.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil to blend.
- Serve over your favorite salad greens.
- Especially nice garnished with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate any unused vinaigrette.
Yum! I did a a small minced garlic clove. Thanks!
I love that the balsamic was the main ingredient in this dressing. It was exactly what I was looking for -- simple is definitely best when it comes to dressings, and this just proves it.
This is so simple, and so delicious! I used a balsamic vinaigrette that came from an Italian market. I love the oregano (I used dried); it makes you think, "Hey, what's making this vinaigrette so good?" I will definitely make this again.