Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe takes minutes to make and is extremely inexpensive and healthy, perfect for the college student looking to save some money on his or her food bill. This can also make a fantastic appetizer that can be made far in advance. Can be served hot or cold,
- reduced-fat triscuit
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Drain tuna well and transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Combine with oil and vinegar. Mix in the spices and serve on or with Triscuits.
- Can be served directly out of mixing bowl using Triscuits as a scooping agent, if this is just for yourself and you're in a hurry. You could also dollop the tuna on to the Triscuits, where they would be acting as little edible plates in this instance. If you want to serve them hot, drizzle the Triscuits with olive oil before placing them on a baking sheet, then topping them with mozzarella cheese and a touch more oregano. Bake for 7 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled with multiple cans of tuna.