Recipe by KaraRN
Saw this on Everyday Italian on the Food Network channel. Looks pretty simple to make.
Top Review by teresas
These are so yummy and easy to prepare...I found them on the cooking channel and prepared them for our cookie give away bags...we have friends from Turkey who brings Baklava to us every Christmas...this year (mine was better) thanks to this recipe...btw...I only had 4 left to photo...because I didn't realize that the reicpe was already posted here...and was going to post and was lucky enough to dig them out of a bag of cookie goodies...Thanks for posting...:)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the almonds, walnuts, apricots, bread crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt in a food processor. Run the machine until the mixture is very finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and the honey and stir to combine.
- On a dry work surface place 1 sheet of phyllo. Using a pastry brush and the remaining melted butter, lightly cover the entire sheet of phyllo with melted butter. Cover the first sheet with a second sheet of phyllo and brush with melted butter. Continue until there is a stack of 6 sheets of phyllo. Cut the stacked phyllo rectangle into 12 equal pieces (Cut lengthwise into 4 pieces and widthwise into 3 pieces.)
- Gently press each cut piece of phyllo into the mini-muffin tin cups. Press 1 tablespoon of the nut mixture into each of the phyllo cups. Gather the ends of each of the phyllo squares and twist to make a sachet shape. Continue shaping the remaining sachets in the other mini-muffin tin. Bake until the edges of the phyllo are golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the baklava sachets and transfer to a serving plate.