Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one to add to the growing list of baked ziti recipes on zaar. This is simple and meatless, two of my favorite things.
- 12 ounces ziti pasta, uncooked
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a small frying pan and saute garlic for two minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, herbs, salt, pepper and garlic in a blender and pulse for a few seconds until just blended (Skip the blender if you prefer a chunky sauce).
- Layer sauce, ziti, mozzarella in a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.