Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and simple tofu recipe that I will often chop for use in salads or rice dishes.
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cake firm tofu, pressed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oil, and garlic. Cut the pressed tofu into 3/4 inch cubes. Toss the cubes in the soy sauce marinade. Spread the tofu in the prepared baking dish in a single layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring once or twice, until brown and chewy.
The flavor was alright, but I wasn't a big fan of the overall texture. I don't think I'll be making this one again, but thanks for sharing!
This is a super easy, delicious way to enjoy tofu. I loved it. Thanks so much; this is a great way to eat healthily on busy weeknights. I am sure that I will use this method many times, omitting oil, actually.
I would suggest only using 1 TBSP vegetable oil.