Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Obtained from my favorite vegetarian website. Tofu is healthy and tasty! Don't let it scare you away. Grill or bake and serve over rice. You can also serve them in stirfrys or salads that call for seasoned tofu. The seasonings are given in VERY generous amounts so reduce them if you desire a milder taste. Considering the amount of salt in the soy sauce, you can completely omit the salt if desired.
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cube tofu.
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Let marinade in the fridge for about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place tofu on a cooling rack with a baking pan underneath to catch excess liquid.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn tofu and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
I had really hoped that I would like this, but it was so extremely salty I threw the entire batch away. If I made again, I would not use any salt.
Wonderful recipe!! I took your advice and cut the seasonings in half and left the salt out completely, and this turned out perfect! Baked it in a toaster oven for a total of 30 min, flipping halfway through. Thank you for posting this, it's a keeper! :)
I love this tofu recipe and have now tried it a couple times. I had never marinated or baked tofu before, and I really have enjoyed the results. I always omit the salt in the recipe as it definitely doesn't need it. The first time, I marinated for an hour and baked as in the instructions. It turned out very well and added a great flavor to the stir fry I used it in. Today, I used the recipe for the marinade and grilled the tofu in large strips. This created a great flavor. I plan to use this recipe again and again.