Recipe by bdunkeld
Great method and recipe for a whole or half baked salmon. Quantities aren't important. Can be baked in either the oven or on a grill.
- 3 -4 lbs whole salmon
- 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons dried dill or 2 teaspoons several sprigs fresh dill
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- If your salmon is frozen thaw it out, rinse, and pat dry. You can use a whole or half fish or steaks or fillets for this recipe.
- Lay a sheet of aluminum foil flat that is about 4" wider than the fish all the way around.
- Coat the aluminum foil with olive oil.
- Cut the lemon in to 1/4" slices and lay them down on the olive oil where the salmon will cover them.
- Sprinkle 1/3 to 1/2 the dill over the lemon.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the salmon.
- Lay the salmon over the lemon and dill.
- If you have a whole fish oil the inner cavity and insert dill and lemon slices.
- Sprinkle dill then lay lemons on the top of the fish.
- Coat the inside of another sheet of aluminum foil the save size as the first with olive oil, put it over the top of the fish and seal the two pieces of foil all the way around.
- Place in a preheated grill or 400F oven and cook about 40 mins (for a whole fish) or until the internal temperature reaches 135F - a fork should easily be able to pierce the foil and through the fish when it is done.
- Remove top layer of foil, dill and lemons. Draw a knife down the back bone from front to tail. Slide the top fillet off the bones and place on a serving platter. Gently pull the spine with all the bones and tail off the lower fillet. Place the lower fillet on the serving platter without the dill and lemon. Enjoy! The fist is wonderful as is but may also be served with Hollandaise sauce.