Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This hearty comfort dish is super quick and easy for any weeknight. These ingredient amounts aren't set in stone, make yours with more pasta and less sauce or we like our sauce so much that we use more sauce than pasta with lots of cheese. This is easy and you can make it with whatever you have around.
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce with meat, your favorite (we prefer Gramma's Spaghetti Sauce (Cheater "from Scratch"))
- 3 cups cooked mostaccioli noodles
- 3 tablespoons small curd cottage cheese or 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingrdients in a casserole dish, cover with Mozzarella.
- Bake, covered if your cheese is browning too quickly, until browned and bubbily and heated through.
MMMmmmmmm...so simple and yet so delicious! This makes a huge recipe but that's peferct for me as it gave me one small casserole for the freezer and allowed me to give away a casserole to a friend who's husband was hospitalized. Thnaks for posting this recipe, it's a great addition to my OAmc collection!
This is lasagne in a different form but, nonetheless, very delicious. Italian is a favorite in our household, and I think this is one of the easiest dishes I've ever made. Fantastic!
Yummy! I used an entire box of mostaccioli, about 1 cup of Mexican shredded cheese and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. I added green peppers and mushrooms too. This made enough for our family of 5 for two days. Perfect to take to a potluck :))