Recipe by Chef Remi
This recipe comes from an old Canadian insurance company recipe book (???) from the fifties. Everybody loves this recipe, especially those who don't like pineapples.
Top Review by Panamanian-Canadian angel
I made this for my work's Xmas potluck in 2007 and everyone thought it was delicious! A great change from the old pineapples and cherries, to which I am not partial. I even had people ask for some to take home! Two thumbs up!
- 1 ham (3 - 5 lbs, toupie, etc.)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the ham for 1/2 hour per lb.
- Make sure the water covers at least 3/4 of the height of the ham.
- After it is properly boiled, lay the meat in an appropriate roaster.
- Cut some grooves along the top of the ham and then pour the sauce mixture on.
- Put in the oven for 1/2 hour at 375 F, uncovered.